Our Expert Team
Our expert team is dedicated to providing the best service you can possibly receive.
Don Leelarathne has more than 20 years’ major project experience, having worked in the Australia, Middle East and
Sri Lanka. Don is a Certified Quantity Surveyor, Fellow Member of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyor (AIQS), Fellow Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyor (RICS) and Registered Tax Practitioner.
Don brings first-hand experience delivering both fully documented and Design & Construct type projects for Government, Not-for-profit, Local Government, Education, Healthcare, Residential, Commercial, Research and
Don has also experience with providing cost advice for major PPP projects in Australia mainly in Government, Health, Education and Research sectors.
He is specialist in the areas of cost planning and feasibility studies for large scale projects.
Don is also involving with the industry in various capacities as follows.
- Councillor & APC Chairman – Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors – Victorian & Tasmanian Chapter
- Quantity Surveyor Registration Assessor – Victorian Building Authority
- APC Assessor – Quantity Surveying Pathway
- Guest Lecture at the University of Melbourne & RMIT University
Alexander Chul has provided cost advice as both a building contractor and as a consultant for over 20 years. He is a specialist in project cost management with experience in Buildings, Civil and Infrastructure construction. Moreover, Alex has provided cost advice for construction projects throughout Australia including its territories and in New Zealand.
He strongly believes that to make a positive impact as a Project Cost Manager it is not only important to measure and report on cost but to proactively seek options for Clients which meet their project’s objectives and represent value for money.
Roles and responsibilities:
Some of the duties performed by Alex include:
- Feasibility studies as cost inputs into economic Cost Benefit Analysis reports
- Cost modelling including preparation of cost estimates, budgets, cost planning, monitoring and control cost, as well as construction cost research
- Contract documentation such as preparation of Bills of Quantities and other tender documents, giving advice on tendering/bidding procedures, contractual arrangement and tender evaluation and analysis
- Contract administration involving management and reporting of construction cost during the execution of the project
- Project Cost Management involving the co-ordination of the efforts of all the consultants and contractors from the inception of the project to completion in order to achieve desired financial result.
Sophie has been with PCMG at early stages and built a substantial base of experience and depth of knowledge and skills. Sophie is a Certified and Member of the Australia Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS). She was the Dux from RMIT University in Construction Management. She brings a ‘can do’ approach to all her projects while fostering strong working relationships with the team.
She has highly professional approached to Quantity Surveying, evidenced in the quality of her work. She is involved and expose to different sectors (Government, Local Government, Not-For-Profit, Commercial & Residential) projects has given her a grounding and experience to undertake projects where she can systematically work through the correct procedures minimising risk and maximizing quality, ensuring the best possible outcome.
She is specialised in:
- Construction cost estimates and cost plans;
- Construction Cost Verification and cost to complete reports for major and other financial institutions;
- Evaluation of design to ensure conformity with budgets, including advice on alternative forms of construction;
- Advising on contractual procurement methods;
- Tender Evaluation, negotiations and recommendations on award of contracts;
- Assessment of contract variation and claims;
- Evaluation of works completed for progress payments, variations, claims and final account;
- Insurance replacement cost estimates.
Sophie Ly has been the recipient of the following Quantity Surveying awards/prizes:
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyor (RICS) Award: Awarded for the highest GPA over all three undergraduate programs taught in School of Property, Construction and Project Management at Royal Institute of Information Technology (RMIT) University;
- Australian Institute of Building (AIB) FO Watts – WT Morris Prize: Awarded as the DUX of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) (Honours);
Structure & Facade Cost Specialist Swee Hong has over 35 years of experience (both in Australia and Malaysia) in construction cost planning and management, delivering diverse projects of vast types and values.
As a registered Building and Tax Practitioner of Victoria, Swee Hong is highly regarded within the industry and has particular expertise especially in Structure and Facade Costing. Previous roles have seen him develop budgets and manage the cost of projects from inception to completion, managing the cost of structures including reviewing structural design and cost options.
Swee Hong brings to the project team his experience in facade and structure cost options, as evidenced by his high rise experience.
Swee Hong has been the recipient of two major Quantity Surveying prizes:
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors Prize – awarded by the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Tony Carpenter Memorial Prize – awarded by The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
Swee Hong is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.